Last Updated: March 20, 2019
1. What does this policy cover?
2. What information do we collect?
We collect the information you provide to us. When you participate in one of our Tasks or use our Application, we collect and store certain information, including:
- the date you signed up for our Task(s),
- your basic contact information including name, email address, phone number and sometimes mailing address,
- the languages you speak and details relating to your accent, and
- depending on our relationship, your basic financial information to process payment.
We may automatically collect certain information, such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, as well as which aspects of our performance metric indicators available with our technology or our licensees’ products you prefer using. Some of this may be personal information, but in typical cases it is non-personal information. Specific examples follow:
(a) IP, etc.
When using our Application, we may collect information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or device, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access our Application, the operating system you are using, and the sections of our Application you visit. This information is used for Application and system administration purposes, and to improve the Application.
(b) Tracking Information
3. Personal information of children under 16
Globalme complies with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the FTC’s Rule interpreting COPPA (16 CFR § 512) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). globalme.net is not directed to children and does not collect any personally identifiable information of children under 16 years of age without consent by the legal guardian.
4. How do we use your information?
Globalme will process your information for purposes relating to why we acquired your data, for example:
- We may use your contact information to communicate with you and/or promote to you any new Task opportunities,
- If you raise a user support query, we will use your contact information to communicate with you and use any additional information that you provided which relates to the issue,
- We may also use your contact information to ask for your feedback or use your basic user information to analyse our Application or our Tasks,
- We will use and distribute your User Content as set out in the Terms, which may include personal information, and
- We may use your payment information to pay you rewards or compensation for your participation in a Task.
Globalme will only use personal information about you, when we have been given your consent. Your consent can be implied– for example, if you send us an email requesting information, it is implied that we can use your email address and any personal information you provided in your email in order to respond to your request – or explicit, depending on the circumstances. If any other need arises outside of the purposes for which we collected your personal information, for example a published study or article, Globalme will not use your personal information without obtaining your additional consent.
5. How long will we store your information?
Globalme will retain your personal information for the duration of our relationship. We hold your personal information for only as long as necessary for the purpose for which we acquired it, unless we have obtained your clear consent to use your personal information for another similar purpose. Examples of when this might occur are as follows:
- If you apply to participate in one of our Tasks, Globalme will ask for your consent to use your data to contact you for similar, future Tasks.
- If you join the wider Globalme team, we will ask for your consent to store your personal information to contact you for future Task opportunities relevant to your skills.
- If you apply to a position at Globalme, we will ask for your consent to add your profile to our talent pool for a maximum of 5 years.
At any point in time, given any of these circumstances, you always have the option to remove or modify your personal information.
6. When will we share your information?
Globalme will never give your personal information to, or share your personal information with, any third party not affiliated with or owned by Globalme, except as permitted by law or as otherwise set out herein:
(a) Third Party Processors
(b) Further Disclosures
We may also disclose your personal information if: (a) required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, (b) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, or (c) to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
The Application may contain links to other sites. Globalme is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other sites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of such other sites to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
7. What are your rights?
At any point in time, you have the right to modify your information, request a copy of your information, object to your information being used for certain purposes, or delete your information from our system. If you wish to perform any of these actions, please email: email@example.com.
8. Security and Risk of Harm
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We employ physical, administrative, contractual and technological safeguards to protect personal information, and insist that our service providers do the same. We insist that our personnel, and those of our providers, only access and use personal information in order to properly perform those duties, and even then only to the strict extent necessary to perform them.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and so you should always exercise caution when disclosing sensitive information over the Internet.
If you have any questions about security on our Application, please contact our Privacy Officer.
10. Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact our Privacy Officer at:
1008 Homer Street #310
Vancouver, V6B 2X1 Canada
You can also reach us by telephone at 1.855.438.5106.